It is such a blessing to say Hello from the other side of the pond!! I promise it didn’t take me more than three weeks to finally get here. It has just taken me this long to sit still and write a new blog post. There is a lot to recap and share with you, especially about God’s faithfulness and provision, and I won’t be able to share it all in detail right now.
On January 23, my home church in southern Indiana hosted a commissioning service and send-off party. This was such a special day, and one I’ll never forget. Thank you to all those who were able to participate and attend. Here is a video to give you a taste of this service:
Or here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZyIbtN-A8
Let me just say that God has continued to prove His faithfulness and goodness again and again. Here is a list of things that have happened in the last three weeks:
• arrived in Vienna safe and sound!
• found a great apartment
• opened a bank account
• spent an evening with Austrian women playing board games/card games, drinking coffee and immersing myself in a LOT of German
• made some important purchases like a bed to sleep on
• set up an appointment with an oncologist (for this Wednesday!!)
• meeting people of all ages, especially a few teens at church
• signed up for language school (start on March 7)
• went on a GEM-Austria team retreat
• attended my first-ever Austrian church pot-luck
• and I move into my apartment with my container (all of my furniture and goods packed in storage tubs) arriving tomorrow (Monday)! Yay!
Here is a video from my new apartment. This is obviously before the stuff is in it! Enjoy!
Or here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9HXVnpFTA
Thank you so much for your support, prayers, encouragement and even patience with the lack of communication in the last few weeks. Join me in praising our God for the many blessings and for who He has been in every step of this process!!
2 thoughts on “hello from Vienna!”
Sweet, You're there now. 🙂
Looks like you have plenty of storage space. And the view! Wow! Giving God thanks for taking such good care of you in this part of your adventure. Now trusting in Him to continue that. Love and Blessings, Shell